- This event has passed.
CANCELLED: Bohemian Garden Rhapsody Tour
June 13 @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
Master Gardeners of the Ozarks in conjunction with the Bonniebrook Historical Society invite you to take a step back in time and join us for our “Bohemian Garden Rhapsody Tour.”
Saturday, June 13th from 10 AM to 3 PM
Learn from the Master Gardeners at a variety of gardens and horticultural Education Stations highlighting Bonniebrook’s beautiful gardens at the Rose O’Neill historic homestead. Enjoy refreshments, music and a variety of artisans, then tour the Rose O’Neill historic home and fine art gallery.
485 Rose O’Neill Road
Walnut Shade, MO 65771
Over 16 Bohemian decorated gardens to tour and learn:
1. Welcome Garden – a sun & shade garden featuring Natives and a variety of other plants
2. Rock Wall & Elderberry Garden – an education station on Natives & culinary uses of Elderberry plants
3. Museum Meandering Garden – look and learn about plants that thrive in small places
4. Herb & Potager Garden – an education station on culinary & medicinal benefits of herbs
5. Root Cellar – learn how underground cellars were used to store & preserve foods before refrigeration
6. Liriope Garden – look and learn about erosion control using plants
7. Embrace of the Tree Statue – learn the history & meaning of Rose O’Neill’s statue & favorite plants
8. Dinner Plate Garden – look and learn how to use recycled plates to direct rain water flow
9. Fairy Folklore – an education station on fairies, stories and recycled décor for a fairy garden
10. The Gazebo – learn about bulb naturalizing, local wildflowers and decorating outdoor structures
11. Cemetery – learn the O’Neill family history and enjoy the beautiful Bonniebrook creek
12. Rose Garden & Fauness Statue– learn how to grow & care for roses; and Fauness statue history
13. Pollinator Buffet Garden – an education station on benefits of a pollinator garden
14. Musical Garden – look and learn about unique planting containers and listen to musicians
15. Party Patio – enjoy the unique BOHO decorations while learning about ferns and native plants
16. Rose O’Neill 100 Year Tribute – tour the historic home and fine art gallery
17. and many more points of interest at Bonniebrook.
Advanced Registration: $20 – Pickup “Wristband” @ Bonniebrook Welcome table on day of event.
Registration Day of Tour: $25 – per person. Cash and checks only
Sign Up Online: www.mgozarks.com or mail your check using this form.